Doing a small repair, upgrade or major sheet metal restoration over the winter? Order your parts by the end of January and save an Extra 5% off all Scott Drake Mustang Parts at MustangParts.AverageJoeRestoration.com – OR – save 10% off your order of Dynacorn Sheetmetal, Muscle Car Parts and Molding at DynacornDepot.com Continue reading Save 5% – 10% off Scott Drake and Dynacon Parts Jan 2015
- Door Glass Fitment on a 1968 MustangI purchased a 1968 Mustang fastback body from Dynacorn in April, 2014. Using a 1968 hardtop as a donor car, I now have a beautiful fastback.
- How to Install a Front Subframe in a Vintage MustangThere are several reasons you may consider installing a new subframe in your early Mustang. The stock framerails may be damaged from accidents over the years or have rotted away with rust.
- How to Install Subframe Connectors on a Classic MustangFor generations automobiles were of body-on-frame construction, which dated back to the humble horse and buggy.
- How To Fix Sloppy WindowsTheir dated old-fashioned rollup windows didn’t perform very well when they were new, let alone when they’re more than 50 years old.
- How To Fix a Butchered Mustang DashCutting a Mustang dash to fit a larger aftermarket radio was all too common in the 1970s and 1980s, and even into the 1990s.
- Paint & Body 101: How to Get Great PaintWe show in great detail how to get a show quality finish on your 1979-93 Fox Body Mustang.
- How to Install the 3M Paint Defender onto a Fox-body MustangWhite recently sprayed a fresh Reef Blue Base Coat Clear Coat on his 1993 LX 5.0 and wanted to protect the frontend, but how?
- The Cure for Bad GasFew things smell or perform worse than bad gasoline. Gasoline does not live long in our classic Mustang fuel tanks.
- Functional Billet BlingScott Drake’s new billet aluminum battery tray adds a splash of salsa to your classic Mustang engine room
- How to Fit Cool Body Bolt Ons to Your Classic Mustang RestomodWelcome to the world of cool fiberglass body bolt-ons for your classic Mustang. Fiberglass adds a real dash of class to any restomod.
- How to Replace Your Mustang’s 16-gallon Tank with a 22-gallonGive your classic Mustang additional range with a 22-gallon fuel tank. Learn how to replace your tanks with this tutorial.
- Show-Quality Shaker Hood Scoop DetailingThe Shaker hood scoop, Ford’s wildly popular cold-air induction system, was proposed as a styling element when Larry Shinoda arrived at Ford from GM.
- RTR’s S550 Assembly Sheds New Light on Grille UpgradesGone are the days of the plain grille. We ordered and installed an RTR grille on a S550 Ford Mustang that sheds light on this new design.
- MMD Prepainted Parts Make S550 Body Upgrades a SnapOne of the smartest moves any aftermarket parts supplier has ever made was what AmericanMuscle did with its prepainted parts option.
- Ditch the Prop Rod and Step Up to Drake’s Hood Lift Kit for 2015-2016 MustangsWouldn’t it be nice if you could just raise the hood and have it stay put?
- Post-Paint Detailing: Undercoat Wheelwells the Right WayOur car’s post-paint wheelwells weren’t really that bad when it came to overspray—“almost flawless” in painter Jason White’s opinion—but they still needed to be detailed to make them look right.
- 2015-up Roush Performance Mustang Front Fascia InstallRoush Performance makes it easy to give your 2015-present Mustang a facelift with a prepainted front fascia kits.
- How to Strip Automotive Paint on a Budget Using Aircraft StripperAs you can see, it’s not that hard of a job and doesn’t take a ton of time.
- Glue In Dual Exhaust Rear Floorpan ReinforcementsFind out how to install Classic Tube’s classic Mustang floorpan dual-exhaust reinforcements with or without a welder.
- How to Replace Early Mustang FramerailsWe asked him how daunting the task was going to be, and he replied, “It’s not that extensive.” We didn’t believe him, so we stood by with our camera and documented what it took. You be the judge.
Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoding
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1968 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1972 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1973 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1968 Mustang Wiring Diagrams and Vacuum Schematics
Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1965 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1966 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1967 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1968 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1969 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1970 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1971 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1972 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1973 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
Decoding Ford Part Numbers
Mustang and Ford Exterior Paint Colors
- 1965 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1966 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1967 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1968 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1969 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1970 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1971 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1972 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1973 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
Mustang News, Tech and How To
Vintage Mustang Commercials and Videos
- 1964 Mustang Commercials
- 1965 Mustang Commercials
- 1966 Mustang Commercials
- 1967 Mustang Commercials
- 1968 Mustang Commercials
- 1969 Mustang Commercials
- Mustang Documentary - Very Cool
- Mustang From Concept to Production
- Mustang Music Videos
Most Popular Mustang How To
- Mustang Monthly How To Guides 122,755 views
- How To Remove and Install Mustang Window Molding 19,473 views
- How to Install and Align a Classic Mustang Door 18,184 views
- How To Remove a Mustang Ignition Switch 15,737 views
- How to Replace a Quarter Window Regulator 15,012 views
- How To: Mustang Headlight Bucket Assembly 14,633 views
- How to Restore a Mustang Instrument Gauge Cluster 14,390 views
- How To Replace a Classic Mustang Window Regulator 11,598 views
- How to Remove Mustang Oil Pan and Fix that Oil Leak 11,331 views
- How To Install a Mustang Turn Signal Switch 10,859 views
Most Popular Mustang Restoration
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang 26,961 views
- Mustang Door and Windows Restoration 23,725 views
- Mustang Interior Restoration 19,695 views
- Mustang Glass Removal 13,435 views
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage 12,359 views
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang 11,097 views
- Removing the Engine and Transmission 9,440 views
- Metal Work – Removing Dent and Rust Repair 7,591 views
- Sheet Metal – New, Used or Reproduction 5,406 views
- Front End Disassembly 5,369 views
Most Popular Resources
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 63,381 views
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 43,981 views
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams 43,154 views
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 40,321 views
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 34,570 views
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 32,559 views
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 28,605 views
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 20,783 views
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 18,860 views
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 17,950 views
Mustang Monthly How To
- Easy Bolt-On Fuel Injection from Holley on a 1967 Mustang
- Installing an Innovate DLG-1 air/fuel ratio gauge
- Suspension Tool Source, Correct Grille Paint, and more Vintage Mustang Tech
- Find the Perfect Turn-Key Engine for Your Mustang Project
- New Edge Mustang cooling system upgrade with the help from Mishimoto
- Coyote Engine Tech: 4 Bumpsticks for Big Power
- Breathing new life into a 2001 Bullitt with new valvetrain, intake, and exhaust mods
- Get Better Handling! Installing Street or Track’s solid-mount strut rods
- Vintage Mustang Tech: Refreshing Original Interior Parts, Autolite Regulators
- Door Glass Fitment on a 1968 Mustang
Selection and Planning
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang
- Preparing Your Work Space
- Inventory and Condition Inspection
- Preparing for Disassembly
- Interior Disassembly
- Front End Disassembly
- Rear Area Disassembly
- Mustang Glass Removal
- Removing the Engine and Transmission
- Engine Compartment
- Wiring Harness and Under Dash Removal
- Removing the Brakes and Steering
- Mustang Suspension Removal
Body Work and Paint
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang
- Preparing for Body and Paint
- Getting your Sheet Metal Parts Together
- Media Blasting (sand blasting)
- Sheet Metal - New, Used or Reproduction
- Dry Build - Pre Body Work Inspection
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage
- Metal Work - Removing Dent and Rust Repair