Doing a small repair, upgrade or major sheet metal restoration over the winter? Order your parts by the end of January and save an Extra 5% off all Scott Drake Mustang Parts at MustangParts.AverageJoeRestoration.com – OR – save 10% off your order of Dynacorn Sheetmetal, Muscle Car Parts and Molding at DynacornDepot.com Continue reading Save 5% – 10% off Scott Drake and Dynacon Parts Jan 2015
- How to Fabricate Push-Button Door HandlesEvery so often, a new car will come out with fancy, seemingly new technology that, in reality, was already attempted in the ‘30s, ‘40s, or ‘50s. Take the push-button door handles from the Lincoln Zephyrs of the 1930s and ‘40s for instance. Perhaps the technology and the consumer from those eras simply weren’t ready for
- Door Glass Fitment on a 1968 MustangI purchased a 1968 Mustang fastback body from Dynacorn in April, 2014. Using a 1968 hardtop as a donor car, I now have a beautiful fastback.
- How to Install a Front Subframe in a Vintage MustangThere are several reasons you may consider installing a new subframe in your early Mustang. The stock framerails may be damaged from accidents over the years or have rotted away with rust.
- How to Install Subframe Connectors on a Classic MustangFor generations automobiles were of body-on-frame construction, which dated back to the humble horse and buggy.
- How To Fix Sloppy WindowsTheir dated old-fashioned rollup windows didn’t perform very well when they were new, let alone when they’re more than 50 years old.
- How To Fix a Butchered Mustang DashCutting a Mustang dash to fit a larger aftermarket radio was all too common in the 1970s and 1980s, and even into the 1990s.
- Paint & Body 101: How to Get Great PaintWe show in great detail how to get a show quality finish on your 1979-93 Fox Body Mustang.
- How to Install the 3M Paint Defender onto a Fox-body MustangWhite recently sprayed a fresh Reef Blue Base Coat Clear Coat on his 1993 LX 5.0 and wanted to protect the frontend, but how?
- The Cure for Bad GasFew things smell or perform worse than bad gasoline. Gasoline does not live long in our classic Mustang fuel tanks.
- Functional Billet BlingScott Drake’s new billet aluminum battery tray adds a splash of salsa to your classic Mustang engine room
- How to Fit Cool Body Bolt Ons to Your Classic Mustang RestomodWelcome to the world of cool fiberglass body bolt-ons for your classic Mustang. Fiberglass adds a real dash of class to any restomod.
- How to Replace Your Mustang’s 16-gallon Tank with a 22-gallonGive your classic Mustang additional range with a 22-gallon fuel tank. Learn how to replace your tanks with this tutorial.
- Show-Quality Shaker Hood Scoop DetailingThe Shaker hood scoop, Ford’s wildly popular cold-air induction system, was proposed as a styling element when Larry Shinoda arrived at Ford from GM.
- RTR’s S550 Assembly Sheds New Light on Grille UpgradesGone are the days of the plain grille. We ordered and installed an RTR grille on a S550 Ford Mustang that sheds light on this new design.
- MMD Prepainted Parts Make S550 Body Upgrades a SnapOne of the smartest moves any aftermarket parts supplier has ever made was what AmericanMuscle did with its prepainted parts option.
- Ditch the Prop Rod and Step Up to Drake’s Hood Lift Kit for 2015-2016 MustangsWouldn’t it be nice if you could just raise the hood and have it stay put?
- Post-Paint Detailing: Undercoat Wheelwells the Right WayOur car’s post-paint wheelwells weren’t really that bad when it came to overspray—“almost flawless” in painter Jason White’s opinion—but they still needed to be detailed to make them look right.
- 2015-up Roush Performance Mustang Front Fascia InstallRoush Performance makes it easy to give your 2015-present Mustang a facelift with a prepainted front fascia kits.
- How to Strip Automotive Paint on a Budget Using Aircraft StripperAs you can see, it’s not that hard of a job and doesn’t take a ton of time.
- Glue In Dual Exhaust Rear Floorpan ReinforcementsFind out how to install Classic Tube’s classic Mustang floorpan dual-exhaust reinforcements with or without a welder.
Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoding
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1968 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1972 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1973 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1968 Mustang Wiring Diagrams and Vacuum Schematics
Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1965 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1966 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1967 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1968 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1969 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1970 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1971 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1972 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1973 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
Decoding Ford Part Numbers
Mustang and Ford Exterior Paint Colors
- 1965 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1966 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1967 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1968 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1969 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1970 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1971 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1972 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1973 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
Mustang News, Tech and How To
Vintage Mustang Commercials and Videos
- 1964 Mustang Commercials
- 1965 Mustang Commercials
- 1966 Mustang Commercials
- 1967 Mustang Commercials
- 1968 Mustang Commercials
- 1969 Mustang Commercials
- Mustang Documentary - Very Cool
- Mustang From Concept to Production
- Mustang Music Videos
Most Popular Mustang How To
- Mustang Monthly How To Guides 124,535 views
- How To Remove and Install Mustang Window Molding 19,774 views
- How to Install and Align a Classic Mustang Door 18,474 views
- How To Remove a Mustang Ignition Switch 15,965 views
- How to Replace a Quarter Window Regulator 15,226 views
- How To: Mustang Headlight Bucket Assembly 14,915 views
- How to Restore a Mustang Instrument Gauge Cluster 14,584 views
- How To Replace a Classic Mustang Window Regulator 11,769 views
- How to Remove Mustang Oil Pan and Fix that Oil Leak 11,536 views
- How To Install a Mustang Turn Signal Switch 11,009 views
Most Popular Mustang Restoration
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang 27,350 views
- Mustang Door and Windows Restoration 23,997 views
- Mustang Interior Restoration 19,917 views
- Mustang Glass Removal 13,610 views
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage 12,577 views
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang 11,273 views
- Removing the Engine and Transmission 9,619 views
- Metal Work – Removing Dent and Rust Repair 7,679 views
- Sheet Metal – New, Used or Reproduction 5,483 views
- Front End Disassembly 5,420 views
Most Popular Resources
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 64,974 views
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 45,481 views
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams 44,248 views
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 42,604 views
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 35,589 views
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 33,817 views
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 30,127 views
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 21,208 views
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 19,315 views
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 18,507 views
Mustang Monthly How To
- Radiator Overflow Hose, Boss Voltage Regulators, and More Vintage Mustang Concours Technical Questions Answered
- We install a Stifflers FIT System on a 2011 Mustang GT
- One Wire Alternators and Vintage Mustangs
- The Return of Project Large Marge!
- Updated Seating For Your New Edge Mustang
- UPR Products Drag Suspension: Trimming the Fat out of a Fox-body
- How to Fabricate Push-Button Door Handles
- How To Add EFI To Your Engine
- HOT ROD RESCUE: Solving Driveability Issues on a Blown Ford 5.0L EFI
- Easy Bolt-On Fuel Injection from Holley on a 1967 Mustang
Selection and Planning
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang
- Preparing Your Work Space
- Inventory and Condition Inspection
- Preparing for Disassembly
- Interior Disassembly
- Front End Disassembly
- Rear Area Disassembly
- Mustang Glass Removal
- Removing the Engine and Transmission
- Engine Compartment
- Wiring Harness and Under Dash Removal
- Removing the Brakes and Steering
- Mustang Suspension Removal
Body Work and Paint
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang
- Preparing for Body and Paint
- Getting your Sheet Metal Parts Together
- Media Blasting (sand blasting)
- Sheet Metal - New, Used or Reproduction
- Dry Build - Pre Body Work Inspection
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage
- Metal Work - Removing Dent and Rust Repair