Doing a small repair, upgrade or major sheet metal restoration over the winter? Order your parts by the end of January and save an Extra 5% off all Scott Drake Mustang Parts at MustangParts.AverageJoeRestoration.com – OR – save 10% off your order of Dynacorn Sheetmetal, Muscle Car Parts and Molding at DynacornDepot.com Continue reading Save 5% – 10% off Scott Drake and Dynacon Parts Jan 2015
- Week to Wicked: Build A Mustang In a Week!Introducing Mustang Monthly’s Week To Wicked 1966 Mustang hardtop. Is it possible to build a complete car in a week? Yes…sort of
- How To Get Wicked Paint: Week to Wicked 1966 MustangWe upgrade and paint a 1966 Mustang hardtop to prep for our huge Week to Wicked buildup.
- The Latest in Body & PaintNew body shop technology you need to know about.
- Paint Chip RepairThe correct way to fix a paint chip and make it nearly invisible
- Body and Paint How To: Install a Door SkinOne part of a car’s body is often easier to replace than to try to fix with a hammer and dolly. That’s the door skin.
- How To Install Shelby Side Scoops onto a MustangInstalling Shelby Side Scoops and Brake Ducting Kit On Any 1965-1966 Mustang
- How to Add Seam Sealer and Prep for Paint on a RotisserieA rotisserie is often used in restorations to make the car more accessible.
- Coming July 17: Week To Wicked 1966 MustangWe fix the body and paint our 1966 Mustang coupe for next week’s Week To Wicked project, where we transform this Mustang from a nice car to a killer car.
- How to Fabricate Push-Button Door HandlesEvery so often, a new car will come out with fancy, seemingly new technology that, in reality, was already attempted in the ‘30s, ‘40s, or ‘50s. Take the push-button door handles from the Lincoln Zephyrs of the 1930s and ‘40s for instance. Perhaps the technology and the consumer from those eras simply weren’t ready for
- Door Glass Fitment on a 1968 MustangI purchased a 1968 Mustang fastback body from Dynacorn in April, 2014. Using a 1968 hardtop as a donor car, I now have a beautiful fastback.
- How to Install a Front Subframe in a Vintage MustangThere are several reasons you may consider installing a new subframe in your early Mustang. The stock framerails may be damaged from accidents over the years or have rotted away with rust.
- How to Install Subframe Connectors on a Classic MustangFor generations automobiles were of body-on-frame construction, which dated back to the humble horse and buggy.
- How To Fix Sloppy WindowsTheir dated old-fashioned rollup windows didn’t perform very well when they were new, let alone when they’re more than 50 years old.
- How To Fix a Butchered Mustang DashCutting a Mustang dash to fit a larger aftermarket radio was all too common in the 1970s and 1980s, and even into the 1990s.
- Paint & Body 101: How to Get Great PaintWe show in great detail how to get a show quality finish on your 1979-93 Fox Body Mustang.
- How to Install the 3M Paint Defender onto a Fox-body MustangWhite recently sprayed a fresh Reef Blue Base Coat Clear Coat on his 1993 LX 5.0 and wanted to protect the frontend, but how?
- The Cure for Bad GasFew things smell or perform worse than bad gasoline. Gasoline does not live long in our classic Mustang fuel tanks.
- Functional Billet BlingScott Drake’s new billet aluminum battery tray adds a splash of salsa to your classic Mustang engine room
- How to Fit Cool Body Bolt Ons to Your Classic Mustang RestomodWelcome to the world of cool fiberglass body bolt-ons for your classic Mustang. Fiberglass adds a real dash of class to any restomod.
- How to Replace Your Mustang’s 16-gallon Tank with a 22-gallonGive your classic Mustang additional range with a 22-gallon fuel tank. Learn how to replace your tanks with this tutorial.
Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoding
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1968 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1972 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
- 1973 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet
Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams
- 1968 Mustang Wiring Diagrams and Vacuum Schematics
Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1965 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1966 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1967 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1968 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1969 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1970 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1971 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1972 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
- 1973 Mustang Light Bulb Replacement Chart
Decoding Ford Part Numbers
Mustang and Ford Exterior Paint Colors
- 1965 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1966 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1967 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1968 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1969 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1970 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1971 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1972 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
- 1973 Ford and Mustang Exterior Paint Colors
Mustang News, Tech and How To
Vintage Mustang Commercials and Videos
- 1964 Mustang Commercials
- 1965 Mustang Commercials
- 1966 Mustang Commercials
- 1967 Mustang Commercials
- 1968 Mustang Commercials
- 1969 Mustang Commercials
- Mustang Documentary - Very Cool
- Mustang From Concept to Production
- Mustang Music Videos
Most Popular Mustang How To
- Mustang Monthly How To Guides 128,979 views
- How To Remove and Install Mustang Window Molding 20,578 views
- How to Install and Align a Classic Mustang Door 19,073 views
- How To Remove a Mustang Ignition Switch 16,573 views
- How To: Mustang Headlight Bucket Assembly 15,802 views
- How to Replace a Quarter Window Regulator 15,691 views
- How to Restore a Mustang Instrument Gauge Cluster 15,115 views
- How To Replace a Classic Mustang Window Regulator 12,256 views
- How to Remove Mustang Oil Pan and Fix that Oil Leak 12,062 views
- How To Install a Mustang Turn Signal Switch 11,472 views
Most Popular Mustang Restoration
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang 28,146 views
- Mustang Door and Windows Restoration 24,679 views
- Mustang Interior Restoration 20,488 views
- Mustang Glass Removal 14,131 views
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage 13,096 views
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang 11,698 views
- Removing the Engine and Transmission 10,088 views
- Metal Work – Removing Dent and Rust Repair 7,929 views
- Sheet Metal – New, Used or Reproduction 5,676 views
- Front End Disassembly 5,623 views
Most Popular Resources
- 1965 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 69,417 views
- 1966 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 49,325 views
- 1965 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 48,471 views
- 1967 Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams 47,010 views
- 1969 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 38,206 views
- 1967 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 37,433 views
- 1966 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 34,210 views
- 1964 Mustang Wiring Diagrams 22,276 views
- 1970 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 20,853 views
- 1971 Mustang VIN and Data Plate Decoder Sheet 19,998 views
Mustang Monthly How To
- Magnum 500 Wheels, Radio Ground Strap Direction, and more Vintage Mustang Concours Technical Questions Answered
- Color Coordinated: TMI S550 Interior Install
- VIDEO: High Mile Coyote Gets Nitrous With Dyno Results!
- Classic Space Saver Spare, Blown Fuses, and More Vintage Mustang Tech Questions and Answers
- Upgrading SN95 Instruments with Late Model Restoration Supply
- Wheels Aplenty: A Buyers’ Guide to Aftermarket Mustang Wheels
- How To Get a Cool Restomod Interior
- Gain Valuable Headroom With NPD’s Low Profile Seat Platform
- Inside Look at the new 2018 Coyote Block!
- N.O.S. Versus Repro Versus Used and More Vintage Mustang Tech Questions and Answers
Selection and Planning
- Selecting and Purchasing a Classic Mustang
- Preparing Your Work Space
- Inventory and Condition Inspection
- Preparing for Disassembly
- Interior Disassembly
- Front End Disassembly
- Rear Area Disassembly
- Mustang Glass Removal
- Removing the Engine and Transmission
- Engine Compartment
- Wiring Harness and Under Dash Removal
- Removing the Brakes and Steering
- Mustang Suspension Removal
Body Work and Paint
- How to Paint a Classic Mustang
- Preparing for Body and Paint
- Getting your Sheet Metal Parts Together
- Media Blasting (sand blasting)
- Sheet Metal - New, Used or Reproduction
- Dry Build - Pre Body Work Inspection
- Floor Pans and Undercarriage
- Metal Work - Removing Dent and Rust Repair