This page contains the names and descriptions of all articles published in Mustang Illustrated during 1993; It does not contain the text of the articles — rather, it is a guide to assist you in locating which back issue might contain the information you need.
Mustang & Fords – January 1993
- The Haase’s ’67 Mustang convertible is more than a show winner, it’s a breath of fresh air.
Out Of The Ordinary
- Gary Sensebe’s ’68 Mustang GT coupe features a J-code 302 and some interesting options.
408 Street Windsor
- Giving Ford’s bread-and-butter small-block a bad attitude.
- It took Don Windsor awhile to get his ’69 Grande show winner, but he’s got it now.
- Siegfried and Elvira Grunze have taken extra care of their 429-powered ’73 Mustang coupe.
- Making Ford’s venerable production race engine a viable street alternative.
Gotta Have It!
- When Ray Hartman saw Chris Mott’s Shelby clone, he had to have one of his own.
Leave It To Clevor
- Mating the best of both worlds – Cleveland canted valve heads with Windsor availability.
- Jim Madden’s Mustang II may look demure, but there’s something wild lurking under the hood.
Guilt By Association
- Mike Jeter’s 5.0-liter is the modern-day definition of American hot rodding.
Weather Or Not
- The 1992 Mustang Club of America Atlanta Grand Nationals.
Jekyll & Hyde
- Lincoln’s new Mark VIII: A luxury car with a performance alter ego.
- The ’65 GT350 R-model that sets the Shelby standard.
Retrospect: 1961 Galaxie Starliner
- Before there were musclecars, large performance sedans roamed the highways.
Mustang & Fords – March 1993
Exclusive! Sneak Preview: Sn-95
- Team Mustang introduces its show car prototype for the ’94 Mustang–the Mach III.
Cobra Jet Vs. Cobra
- Ford’s muscle Mustang Mach 1 squares off against the new kid on the block, the ’93 1/4 SVT Mustang Cobra.
Retrospect: High Country Special Mustangs
- Built for the Rockies, the ’66-’67 HCS Mustang was an idea that was stolen by California.
- Ben Bruno’s tastefully modified ’67 convertible appears stock, but it’s definitely not.
Shootout: Tubes Of Controversy
- We took all of the street-legal 5.0L headers we could find and squared them of in the ultimate in-car performance comparison.
5.0’s Stomp Buick Gn’s!
- Not only did Gene Deputy and company dominate, they did so at a Buick club event.
- Global West’s remedy for not just repairing, but resurrecting your vintage Mustang and Ford steering box.
50 New Resto Tech Tips
- A load of tricks and tips to assist Ford and Mustang enthusiasts with their restoration projects.
The Last Gt
- While the ’69 Mustang GT is rare, add a 428 SCJ powerplant and you’ve got one of the most obscure musclecars ever!
- Tokico’s Thunderbird mixes aftermarket goodies underhood with a hot suspension combination for ultimate thrills.
7-Liter Lectures: The Sum Of All Parts
- The final installment in the restoration series of our ’66 428 Galaxie.
Mustang & Fords – May 1993
- Tom Fry’s Candy Apple Red ’66 GT350 features rare options that make it extra special.
- GT500 convertibles might have been a tough sell in 1969, but today they’re treasures.
Up Close: Gt Stripes
- A step-by-step how-to for vintage Mustang GT owners.
- Shelby’s royal mid-year missile, the ’68 1/2 GT500KR.
3 Windsors You Can Build!
- J. Bittle American’s Windsor kit combos that are an alternative to expensive, turnkey assemblies.
Torquey Street 351w!
- Racing technology finds the boulevard! Long-rod theory proves power and economy can co-exist.
Car Care Clinic
- The habits necessary to keep your vintage Mustang in top-notch condition.
- Edelbrock’s race converted ’66 GT350 maintains the classic look with state-of-the-art engineering.
Giant Shelby Parts Buyer’s Guide
- Resto, modified, and race parts specifically for Shelby GT350 and GT500 Mustangs.
800 Hp With Svo Parts!
- The 337cid Windsor wonder that powers Bill Glidden’s Competition Eliminator C-Altered Thunderbird.
- Dick and Keni Woodring’s enthusiasm for their ’67 GT500 is unequalled in the world of Shelby Mustang owners.
- No need to replace your 5.0 Mustang, Just update your pre-’87 to a ’92 appearance.
Coupe De Force
- Thom Canon’s rare Group 2 coupe proves that Shelby did contribute to Ford’s Trans-Am racing success.
- Ford terrorized NASCAR’s superspeedways in 1969 with the Talladega.
Mustang & Fords – July 1993
- Jay and Diane Maynard’s ’67 GTA 390 convertible proves hard work pays off.
- Tricks and tips for installing new rubber in your resto Mustang.
- Hints for a tailored look from molded carpet kits for Mustangs and Fords.
- Ford’s April Fools’ surprise from 1968: The ’68 1/2 428 CJ Mustang GT.
10 Tricks For Quicker 5.0s
- Mid 12-second e.t.s? A step-by-step modification process that you can duplicate.
Retrospect: The ’71 Big-Block Mustangs
- They were big and, quite possibly, the baddest!
- Factory appearing rear window louvers for your ’69-’70 SportsRoof Mustang.
Pulleys: Hype Or Horsepower?
- You asked if they worked, we answer your question.
Age Of Enlightenment
- Mixing size and style with speed: The ’64 Mercury Park Lane convertible.
New Resto Parts
- Don’t settle for the old stuff when repros aren’t available, make new parts.
- A ’70 Boss 302 restored by the MCA’s National Head Judge.
The Best Of Code Cracking
- We expand your favorite column to provide even more VIN and Data Plate information.
- Installing a quartz movement in your nonfunctioning Mustang clock.
- The competition in 1964 was tough for Mercury’s Comet Cyclone.
- The last of the limited-edition late-models before SN-95 strikes.
Solve Clutch Woes
- BBK’s quadrant assembly removes your manual-shift 5.0’s weak link.
125hp Bolt-On For $400
- The perfect track companion for those 5.0 owners on a performance budget.
Mustang & Fords – September 1993
Sun, Sand, & Speed
- At Daytona in 1957, a streamlined Thunderbird dominated the Vettes in Speed-Week competition.
The Lost Mustangs
- We stick our collective necks out and pick the 12, uh 15, rarest Mustangs.
Tri-Power K-Code Gt
- The three-deuce ’66 Mustang the factory never built-but dealers did.
Shelby’s Rare Ragtop
- Shelby’s rare ’66 convertibles may be rarer than we originally thought.
400hp For $2000
- Edelbrock serves up a tasty dish of performance parts for the 351W.
- Ford’s best-kept secret brings back the R-model in Mustang Cobra form.
- The coupe’s weight advantage, coupled with SCJ power, made for a record-setting ’70 Mustang.
30th Anniversary Mustang Show
- The latest information regarding the April 1994 extravaganza.
Buyer’s Guide And 26 Tech Tips
- The parts you need, where to get them, and how to put them in.
Unknown ’70 Pace Car
- Built for pacing NASCAR superspeedways, the ARI convertibles were more than Cobra Jets.
- An Australian ’69 Mach 1 that doesn’t need mirrors to appear correct.
Budget 351w Swap
- Dyno Don Nicholson shows how to shoehorn a 351W into a ’66 Mustang.
- The replacement for the Boss 429 and Shelby GT that never came to be.
Mustang & Fords – November 1993
New Vs. Old
- Has Ford Motor Company achieved retro styling excellence while remaining true to the original Mustang concept?
First Drive: ’94 Mustang Gt
- The identity has changed, but the 5.0L attitude remains the same.
- We dismantle the new Fox-4 Mustang to display its differences from the third-generation Mustangs.
V6-Powered ’94 Mustang
- Ford’s entry-level assault weapon may prove to be as successful as the original.
Headed For Victory
- Ford’s new Pro Stock wedge heads: Better than Glidden’s hemis?
Shed Your Skin
- Don’t fix that old door, install a new door skin on your vintage Mustang.
Ford Muscle Showdown
- Mustang & Fords Total Performance Invitational–Testing the legendary Ford musclecars of the Total Performance era.
- The Shelby American Automobile Club serves up Shelby’s Cobras, GT-40s, GT350s, and GT500s at Watkins Glen.
- The Ford performance faithful return to Maple Grove.
- Mustang & Fords announces co-sponsorship of the 30th Mustang Anniversary Celebration.
180 Mph Dominator
- J. Bittle’s Dominator GTB Mustangs provide another option for ultra-performance 5.0s.
Giant Fall Catalog Section
- Start your own Mustang and Ford catalog library by choosing from our extensive collection.
- A Down Under Ford to celebrate 25 years of Touring Car racing dominance.
Center Of The 5.0 Universe
- Englishtown’s late-model Mustangs dominate turbocharged Buicks at the 2nd annual “War To Settle The Score.”
Win A ’94 Mustang Gt!
- Your chance to win the all-new Mustang and a trip to the 30th Mustang Anniversary Celebration.